Friday, November 13, 2009

I'm doing a geometry craft with my sixth graders, it sounds hard but my teacher had us do it @ their age?

I want to make the 3D star called the small stellated dodecahedron. I thought it would be fun since Christmas is coming up and it looks so much like the Star of Bethlehem. The thing is, I don't remember how to make it. Could anyone help me? thanks!





Here's a picture for reference:


http://search.msn.com/images/results.asp...

I'm doing a geometry craft with my sixth graders, it sounds hard but my teacher had us do it @ their age?
I made something similar a few years back for our christmas tree. I made a cube, and then added the extra points of the star onto it. It was much simpler than creating each spike individually





Could you not do something with pieces slotting into one another? Like, when you have cuts in each section so they all fit together? Or make snowflakes by folding a circle of paper into 8 and cutting shapes out of it?
Reply:found this site...


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Small...


No comments:

Post a Comment